When landlords don’t want to rent to someone who is actually qualified to rent an apartment, then they have to resort to excuses to get rid of well-qualified rental applicants. Here are the top 5 landlord excuses given to potential new tenants:
1. I’m sorry, but we just rented out that unit.
2. The unit that I have available is just too small for your family.
3. I don’t think that you would really like living here.
4. There was something in your credit report that prevents us from renting you the apartment.
5. We don’t rent upstairs apartments to families with young children.
If you suspect that the landlord is giving you the run around about why the apartment that was available is no longer available, then give us a call. We’ll talk with you about what you have experienced and let you know if there is any way we can help you.